Here is a list of questions to ask yourself to determine the location:
- Will the location provide adequate ventilation around the compressor?
- If the machine is located outdoors, is it sheltered from the weather?
- Is room temperature likely to exceed 115° F or drop below 35° F?
- Is the area free of diesel fumes, dust, over-sprays, sand or chemicals that could cause overheating or coolant system contamination?
- Will there be enough space around the compressor for service and maintenance?
- Is the supporting floor level?
- Is there a location to which the condensate can be piped and checked?